Extremely South African is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, and then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Extremely South African may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective from 1 January 2010.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
When a buyer clicks to pay(checkout), they get to choose their preferred payment method, between Direct Bank Transfer and Credit Card payment. If Credit Card is chosen, you will securely complete the transaction on PayFast's servers, where your account login, personal details and all money transactions are locked down using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology with high security 256 bit encryption.
Your may get an alert from your browser that the site is not secure, when you are on a public area of the website. On checkout, you will be asked to create a secure Payfast account, at which point the website will go into https:// mode. You can click next to the address bar to see the Payfast SSL certificate.
We may collect the following information:
- Name, company name and job title
- Contact information including address, email address and telephone/cellphone number
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
- Facilitating internal record keeping.
- Analysing the information to customise the website according to visitors interests and/or browsing habits.
- Reviewing feedback to improve our products and services.
- We may also use your information to contact you for marketing purposes, by email, phone or mail. (You can always opt out - SPAM sucks)
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by unsubscribing using the link the newsletter or contact us with a removal request.
- Email correspondence will feature an unsubscribe button to unsubscribe. This will not affect your website login.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please Contact Us.